|Cape Codder Cocktail|
Cool ones for hot days
Summer is here in our part of the world. Now that we’ve celebrated Memorial Day in the US, we’re ready for flip flops and tee shirts. Not to mention tall, cool drinks.
So we’ve decided to kick off the summer season by rounding up some seasonally appropriate cocktail recipes. We’ll race you for the hammock.
|Blue Hawaii Cocktail|
- Americano Cocktail. An Italian thirst-quencher, named for American imbibers.
- Bermuda Rum Swizzle. The drink that inspired the swizzle stick.
- Blue Hawaii Cocktail. Elvis lives!
- Bombay Presidency Punch. Invented in 17th century India, this may be among the oldest mixed drinks.
- Caipirinha Cocktail. Fresh lime adds zing to Brazil’s national cocktail.
- Fog Cutter Cocktail. A Tiki charmer from Trader Vic.
- Harvey Wallbanger Cocktail. It’s like liquid sunshine, dude.
- Mai Tai Cocktail. Maybe the world’s best umbrella drink.
- Margarita Cocktail. Need we say more?
- Piña Colada Cocktail. Perfect for a weekend escape.
- Sherry Cobbler Cocktail. The drink that popularized ice and straws (really).
- Singapore Sling Cocktail. Colorful, exotic, legendary.
- Tequila Sunrise Cocktail. A 70s drink with far-out flavor.
- Zombie Cocktail. The bad boy of Tiki drinks.
|Nonalcoholic Berry Shrub|
- Berry Shrub, Nonalcoholic Version. Refreshing fruit flavor without the booze. For higher octane, just add an ounce or two of amber rum (or vodka).
- Cape Codder Cocktail. This summer cooler is a breeze to make.
- Cuba Libre Cocktail. AKA Rum and Coke (but don’t forget the lime juice).
- Dark and Stormy Cocktail. Perfect for the hot and thirsty.
- Doctor Funk Cocktail. The Tiki drink named after Robert Louis Stevenson’s physician.
- Gin and Tonic Cocktail. This ultimate summer cooler originated as a health drink.
- Gin Rickey Cocktail. Air conditioning in a glass.
- Mojito Cocktail. Fresh mint, lime, and Cuban sparkle.
- Moscow Mule Cocktail. The drink that put vodka on the map in the US.
- Paradise Cooler Cocktail. Take leave of the heat with this Tiki refresher.
- Pimm’s Cup Cocktail. The best drink you’ve probably never had.
- Planter’s Punch. The great granddaddy of Tiki drinks.
- Sloe Gin Fizz. A blast from the past.
- Tom Collins Cocktail. The classic lemony refresher.
|Lemon Drop Cocktail|
- Alaska Cocktail. Bracing as a glacier.
- Bacardi Cocktail. A rum refresher that screams “summer.”
- Bamboo Cocktail. Bright flavor, low alcohol—the perfect warm-weather aperitif.
- Champs Élysées Cocktail. Perfect for Bastille Day and the Tour de France.
- Classic Daiquiri Cocktail. JFK and Hemingway didn’t do girly drinks.
- Cosmopolitan Cocktail. Yeah, we know—but it tastes really good.
- Gimlet Cocktail. Lime cordial adds tang.
- Gin Daisy Cocktail. This classic tastes, well, fresh as a daisy.
- Hula Hula Cocktail. A brunch-friendly Tiki drink.
- Lemon Drop Cocktail. Better than candy.
- Negroni Cocktail. The ultimate predinner drink.
- Pisco Sour Cocktail. Tart and smooth, this may be South America’s tastiest product.
|Gin Daisy Cocktail|
Summertime and the Sippin’ is Easy
We have loads more drinks for your summer imbibing pleasure—just check out Our Recipe Index. If you’re new to mixing drinks, you might want to look at our Cocktail Basics post.
Next week we’ll start our traditional Summer Sippin’ Series. So more drink recipes are on the way. You may want to stock up on booze.