|Pumpkin and Pork Chili|
Comfort-Food Ideas for Chilly Weather
Autumn is the season for soup – and chili. When the weather turns cooler, they’re our go-tos.
So this week we’re highlighting some of our favorite season-appropriate recipes from blog posts past. There are enough of them to tide you over for a few weeks – while we sneak off for vacation.
For now, soup’s on!
|Cream of Mushroom Soup|
Soup Recipes for Fall
- Cream of Mushroom Soup. So much better than that canned stuff you had as a kid.
- Celery, Corn, and Bacon Chowder. Celery takes the lead role in this hearty dish.
- Vegan Mulligatawny Soup with Cabbage. Chickpeas add depth to this spicy Indian-style soup.
- Pasta e Fagioli Soup. This pasta and bean soup is Italian comfort food.
- Tuscan Bean and Pasta Soup. Vegan Italian. Yum.
- White Bean and Potato Soup. Make this with ham bone (or a handy substitute).
- Split Pea Soup with Bacon. Ham-bone flavor without the ham bone.
- Leek and Potato Soup. This classic is great as a first course, but sturdy enough for a main.
- Spicy Roast Winter Squash Soup. Healthy flavor for hearty appetites.
- Check out the index for additional soup ideas.
|Slow Cooker Homestyle Chili|
Chili Recipes for Fall
- Slow Cooker Homestyle Chili. Easy – and just like mom used to make.
- Cabbage Chili with Spicy Sausage. Black-eyed peas add savor to this healthy cold-weather pleaser.
- Meat and Potatoes Chili. Because meat. And potatoes.
- Texas-Style Chili con Carne. Warm up with a meat-centric classic. Made the traditional way (without beans).
- Sweet Potato Chili with Black Beans. Sweet potatoes make this veggie chili a contender.
- Pumpkin and Pork Chili. It’s autumn, so pumpkins. Right?
- Pulled Pork Green Chile Chili. Flavorful, but mild enough for the spice-shy.
- BBQ Beef Brisket Chili. Beer and barbecue sauce are ingredients. Need we say more?
- Check out the index for additional chili ideas.
|Celery, Corn, and Bacon Chowder|
Programming Note: We’re Taking a Break
We’re taking some down time for the next few weeks. So we won’t be posting (or visiting other blogs) for a while.
We’ll be back on October 11th with a new recipe. See you then!